Matthew 11: 28-30 (AMP) “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened (by religious rituals that offer no peace), and I will give you rest (refreshing your souls with salvation). Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me (following Me as My disciple), for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU Will Find Rest (renewal, blessed quiet) For Your Souls. For My yoke is easy (to bear) and My burden is light.” What a beautiful passage of scripture, and I love the way this version of the Bible puts it. Today we live in a busy world, and sometimes we can get caught up in the chaos. God’s gift to us is rest, and today I am going to be sharing with you , “Four Principles of Rest,” a message shared by Larry Stockhill. So let’s get into it!
1. “R” – stands for routine.
The most successful people normally have one thing in common, a routine. Having a routine can be harder when having a baby or little kids running around, but it is possible, and once you figure it out your life will go much smoother. Here are different kinds of routines you can establish.
- Morning Routines – If you would like to see my morning routine, then comment, or give this post a thumbs up.
- Work Routine – Getting ready for work can be a hassle, so if you are like me you need to get things ready in advance, so you aren’t running around like a chicken with your head cut off.
- Family Routine- Family comes as a priority after God, so to me having a planned family day is really important, so I try to have one once a week.
- Date Night – This also is very important, because in order to have a successful family your marriage needs to be the first priority in your family. So make sure you have a date night. Even if a date night just means playing a card game together, and sharing your dreams, when you lay down your kids at night. You need the one on one time with your man.
- Meal Routine- This can be hard for us depending on how well our day flows, so for us it’s hard to have a set time, so this is something we are still working on.
- Sleep Routine – This to me is extremely important, because it’s hard to function properly without enough sleep. I am now currently going to bed at 10:30 PM. I would like to go to bed earlier, but for now that’s the earliest I can make it.
2. “E” Emotions – Learn to manage your emotions.
When he started talking to this I knew he was talking about me. I just recently found out that I have OCD, and I will be sharing that with you all very soon, but needless to say my emotions have been a roller coaster, because I tend to overthink things, but here are a few ways that the preacher shared on how we can have better control over our emotions.
- Perspective: Put everything out of Eternity, which basically means Is what you are afraid of, angry about, worried about etc. going to matter when we get to heaven? Most of the time the answer is going to be, no. So for me that helps me to reconsider my emotions and put them in a different perspective.
- Margin: Space your life out better.
3. “S” Sabbath – God took one day to rest, and we should too.
I know that there’s always that one thing on our to do list that we feel like we absolutely have to do. If you are a lists person I am right there with you. However, I do believe that we should all take at least a day off, and use it to spend time with our friends and family. It will make your soul so happy and you will be refreshed, and ready to go for the next week.
4. “T” Conquer Your Thoughts.
This is definitely my biggest struggle. My thoughts are on a constant repeat, and I have to fight fear, worries, doubts almost every day, and I liked some of the tips that the preacher shared with us.
- Isaiah 26:3 Focus on God’s purpose. Stop focusing on the wrong things.
- Take every thought captive. The devil will try to lie to you and he will feed you with doubts and fears, so replace his lies with the truth. Make a pros and cons list if you have to and see if what you are thinking is actually the truth. Sometimes that helps me, when I am trying to find the truth. Also get into God’s Word there are lots of truth in that book.
- Lay back in the arms of the Almighty God, because our lives are in His hands. If you’re worried about something surrender it to Him. (Jeremiah 29:11)
I hope you all have a lovely Sunday. Try to rest and enjoy worshiping our God and welcome his presence. Also call that friend that you haven’t heard from in a while and get catch up with them. Drink a cup of coffee with your husband and take a nice nap together, or play a game with your kids, while the music is playing softly in the backgrounds. This is the day of Rest! If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to comment. For more of these posts subscribe to my blog and you will get updated every time I write another post on Sunday notes. Love you all!
Latest posts by Free2belauren (see all)
- 8 Things I Am Going to Do to Create The Life I Love - December 11, 2018
- Discover Your Passion - November 24, 2018
- 10 Creative Gifts For Her - November 21, 2018